Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Box and Cards for a Fund Raiser

Hi Stampers:

Our church was having a Trivia Night fund raiser to raise some money for repairs to a primary school in Tanzania. I was asked to donate something for the silent auction. I chose to make a box and fill it with 8 cards and envelopes. Here is the box I made:

I used two different prints from the Autumn Spice DSP to make the top and bottom. This Designer Series Paper is cardstock weight, so it makes a nice sturdy bos. Here's how I did it:

For the bottom, cut your paper to 8-1/2" X 9-3/4". Score 2" in from each of the edges of the paper. Cut on each score line 2" in from each corner on the short sides of the paper. Fold on all score lines into a box shape and use Sticky Strip to attach the small squares to the inside ends of the box. The box will be 2" deep.

For the top, cut your paper to 7-3/4" X 8-3/4". Score 1-1/2" from each edge, cut the same as above, fold and attach with Sticky Strip. Now you have the top for your box.

For this box, I used the Early Espresso sheet for the bottom and the plumey flower sheet for the top. The beauty of this paper is that the inside of the box is as pretty as the outside because the paper is double sided with different designs on each side. I tied a piece of Vanilla Satin ribbon around the box.
Stay tuned for the next couple of days and I will share the cards I put into the box with you!

Enjoy!

No comments: