Friday, July 4, 2014

SFF070414--Happy 4th of July!!

Hi Stampers:

It's July 4th--like I had to tell you that!!  We have another great sketch today, created by ME!  Here's the sketch:
And here's what I did with it:
Isn't this little pinwheel cute?  It was made from the My Paper Pumkin kit for June, called Pinwheel Party.  This little kit came with supplies to make 24 pinwheels--including cute red and white striped straws, gray baker's twine, treat bags, white banners, and a set of 3 stamps, two of which I used on my card.  I cut 1/2" off each side of the pinwheel to make it a little smaller for my card.  I used Whisper White and Real Red card stocks, and cut a Night of Navy piece from the new Maritime DSP to layer between the white and red.  The stamps in the kit are the "celebrate", line of stars, and one that says "party".  The pinwheel is held together with a large silver colored brad, and there are also glue dots included in the kit to put everything together.  The pinwheels are pre-cut and punched and come in 3 different two-sided patterns.  If you are a My Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you can purchase a refill kit and get everything except the ink and stamps, to create these little cuties!  If you're not a subscriber, contact me and I'll help you get signed up and ready to create!

In the spirit of July 4th, besides me, 2 of the other designers, Elizabeth and Patrice, used the same kit to create their cards.  Go to the Sketch Frenzy Friday blog and check out the other cards by our designers.  And don't forget to add your creation!

1 comment:

Diana Eichfeld said...

Great sketch Kimm, so fun. Love how you used the pinwheel as the focal point if this fun and patriotic card!