Friday, March 12, 2010

Mini Milk Carton Birdhouse


It all started with my mother-in-law's 90th birthday party. Being the chief crafter in our family, I of course TOLD everyone that I wanted to make the table decorations. My mother-in-law wanted pink, and I was already thinking of doing the Mini Milk Carton birdhouses. I LOVE MY BIG SHOT and I LOVE THIS DIE!!! So, I made 10 center pieces with birdhouses perched on little poles in flower pots. They were all made using Soft Subtles card stock, Sweet Pea and Welcome Neighbor DSP and Sweet Pea felt flowers. The flower pots were recycled from center pieces I made for a dinner at our church last November--but that's another post!!
Next step: BRAG ABOUT WHAT I DID!!! My up line, Sharon is having a full down line meeting here in Cincinnati on 3/27, so I sent her a picture of my center piece and asked if she wanted me to design a Mini Milk Carton birdhouse for one of our projects. This is the one I sent her: Front view

And side view:
But this is not my only idea. Stay tuned for more examples!



No comments: