Friday, November 8, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday-11/08/13 More Christmas

Hi Stampers!

Another Friday, and another SFF challenge.  Today's sketch was created by me:
And here is my creation:
Last week, I created a card in MDS using different purples.  Today, I am using Rich Razzlebery, Old Olive, Whisper White, and Silver Glimmer.  The stamp is one of the single Christmas Stamps that Stampin Up! released in the last couple of months.  I LOVE this stamp!  It is called Prince of Peace and the words are from the book of Isaiah in the Bible.  And Handel used these words for one of the choruses in his "Messiah" oratorio.  You probably don't know this, but I have been singing in choirs and doing solos since I was about 6 years old--and believe me, it's been quite a number of years.  Every year, I have to go to a sing-along presentation of the Messiah, and this chorus is one that is always performed.  I get a kick out of singing along with all the other amateur singers in the audience, and they have an orchestra playing also.

Back to the card:  In the sketch I had five banners at the bottom, but since I used the Deco Labels Framelits to cut out the sentiment and the Old Olive piece, only 3 banners worked for me.  The side piece of Silver Glimmer paper, was a partial cut of the smallest Deco Label.  The sentiment and the Old Olive pieces were cut with the next two sizes up.  I also used the Fancy Fan TIEF on the card.  The arrow piece at the top is my experimental part.  I stamped the arrow from A Banner Christmas with Rich Razzleberry.  I then used the double ended Bitty Banners Framelit to cut out the V end and reversed the pointy end to cut it with the same framelit.  Truthfully, I probably could have hand cut it faster, but I wanted to see if the framelit would work.  And it did!

OK, now it's time to check out what the other designers have done.  You can do that at our Sketch Frenzy Friday blogAnd, you can add your own take on the sketch.  Please join us:  we LOVE to see what you create! 

No comments: