Friday, May 24, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday--5/24/13

Hi Stampers:

It's Friday, Friday, F-R-I-D-A-Y!!  I feel like I have been set free.  Some of my September thru May activities are winding down, and I will have more free time starting next week.  I am so excited about this week's sketch for SFF!  The sketch is just fabulous and was created by the fabulous Tammy Fite:



And here is my creation:
Don't you just love it?  Well, even if you don't, I love it!!!  Here's what I used:
  • Melon Mambo and Whisper White card stock
  • NEW Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
  • NEW Mosaic Madness Stamp Set
  • Happy Birthday photopolymer stamp from the Dolled Up Birthday card kit
  • NEW Modern Mosaic TIEF
  • NEW Mosaic Punch
  • Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pads
  • Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker
  • Island Indigo brad from the 2011-2013 In Color Brads
  • 3/4" circle punch
As you can tell, the flower is made by stamping a design from the Mosaic Madness stamp set and then punching them out.  I used 7 punches.  I also punched three shapes from the Pear Pizzazz design of the Gingham Garden DSP and also punched a 3/4" circle from one of the Daffodil Delight flowers in the same DSP.  I also decorated the inside of the card:
 I just LOVE this card!  It is so bright and cheery!  I think I'll send it to my sister for her June 6 birthday!

Enough from me, today!  As you know, all of the designers have their creations posted on the SKETCH FRENZY FRIDAY BLOG and you can post yours their also.  Just use the Linky tool.  We hope you'll join us!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Love the mosaic flower! How cool!! And the colors are so pretty!

Sharon Wheet said...

Kim, what a fun and gorgeous card! Love the dsp you selected to run across your card. very colorful and cheery! But, I must give you props on the 'blossom'. what a clever way to use that stamp set. I just love it, when I can use things differently. It gives them versatility! aka more bang for your buck!
I'm sure our followers will be inspired by your card!
happy Friday! hugs, sharon w.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a great flower--never thought of using the mosaics for that! GREAT job!