Well, it's a BRAND NEW STAMPING YEAR! Just like Jan 1, July 1 is new year's day in the Stampin' Up! world! If you haven't seen the new Idea Book & Catalog, just click on the the catalog picture in my side bar and you will go right to it. Of course it depends on what time of day you click, because Stampin' Up! will not be ready for new IBC orders until 12:00 noon Mountain Time, which is 2:00 pm Eastern Time. But it is also Sketch Frenzy Friday, so we have eye candy for you to pass the time! Here's the sketch from Robbie Rubala:
I love this sketch! It inspired me to use a lot of texture in my card. Here is my card:
Here's what I used:
- Not Quite Navy card base
- Whisper White card stock layer embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- A strip of Old Olive card stock embossed with the Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- A 2-1/2 X 2-1/2" square of the blue print flowers from the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper. (on page 184-185 in the IBC)
- A 2-1/2 X 2" rectangle of the green flowers print from the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper.
- A 2-1/2" punched circle of Whisper White card stock. (punch is on page 212 in the IBC), stamped with the larger open petal flower from Fabulous Florets in Not Quite Navy classic ink, and the sprig stamped in Old Olive Classic ink. (Fabulous Florets is available in the Summer Mini, page 22-23). I sponged the circle with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink.
I also stamped and decorated the inside of the card. The flower is the smaller open petal flower from Fabulous Florets and the sentiment is from the Swirls & Curls Verses hostess set in the Summer Mini.
That's all from me. Now, go to Maria's blog and see what she did with the sketch. Or start at the beginning of the mini tour at the Sketch Frenzy Friday blog. And PLEASE join us! Upload your creation to the SFF blog!