Friday, March 4, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday 3-4-11: SAB Ice Cream Parlor

Hi Stampers:
Is it just me, or do others look at a sketch and think the different items on the sketch are WAY LARGER than they come out on the project? Sometimes when I look at samples on line, they look very big to me, but when I go to make the project, they turn out a LOT smaller! Oh well, hopefully I'll get over this! Anyway, here is our sketch today, brought to you by Tina Taves:




And here is my creation:

For this card, I used a base of Old Olive cardstock, and embellished with the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper and self-adhesive die cuts AND the Ice Cream Parlor ribbon and buttons. The colors make me think of spring and summer. When I looked at the sketch, I thought the rectangle in the upper left corner was going to be pretty big, but the dimensions of it on my card are 3-7/8" X 2-3/4", but I think it looks OK. I stamped a sentiment from the Curly Cute set, Thinking of You, on the rectangle in Early Espresso ink, but my pad must be going dry, because it doesn't show up very much. Oh well--we do our best!
To see more samples: click HERE for Melinda's blog or HERE for the Sketch Frenzy Friday blog. Why not join us! Upload your creation to our blog
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bright and fun! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I had to cut my squares 3 times to get them the right size!! :-)

Your card is pretty--love those bright colors!

Deb said...

Great job! And great colors! The Ice Cream Parlor paper is so fun and cheery!

inkedx2 said...

Oh, I have some of this paper I just got. I will be casing this idea.

Robbie