Monday, October 18, 2010

Cards for the Box-Part 1

Hi Stampers:



Here are the first two cards I put in the box for the fund raiser silent auction that I talked about in my post yesterday:


For the card on the left, I used Old Olive for the card base and overlaid a piece of the small leaf print from the FABULOUS Autumn Spice Designer Series Paper. I scalloped the edge of it with the Eyelet Border Punch. The "Thanks" is from one of the stamps in the Level 1 Hostess Set, Afterthoughts--which can be yours with a workshop or an order totaling a minimum of $150. There is another line of text on the stamp, but I chose not to use it, so I inked just the "Thanks" with an Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker. The ribbon is the 3/8" Pumpkin Pie ribbon. Although Pumpkin Pie is not one of the colors that is supposed to coordinate with Autumn Spice I think it works very well!

The card on the right is one of the other designs from Autumn Spice DSP, and it's the same one I used for the box bottom. The butterfly is punched from the extra-large Butterfly punch using another one of the prints from Autumn Spice. I also punched a strip of the paper with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. The sentiment is from a 2010 SAB set that is, sadly, no longer available. I stamped it on a piece of Naturals White cardstock and punched it out using the Scalloped Oval puncxh and mounted it on a piece of Old Olive cardstock punched out with the Wide Oval punch.

Stay tuned on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for more of the cards.

Enjoy!

No comments: